Saturday, February 6, 2010

Arizona

As much as I loved Arizona, the 2 hour time difference has been weighing down on this family. Needless to say, this past week we have been losing sleep and trying to catch up on it. Mostly in part, because of my daughter. She had a hard time in Arizona adjusting to the time difference, and now that we are home, it's the same ordeal just back at home. Oh well, that's part of the deal when you become a parent right?

So, on with my first post on Arizona. The first day we got there was beautiful. The sun was out, the air was warm and comforting, and my in-laws could not be happier to see my daughter again (they have a very large sweet spot in their hearts for her). We spent the day just settling in and unpacking. The weekend was spent by doing some shopping and some eating. Yes, eating. One of the big differences between the States and Canada is the food!! Portions are completely different, price points for the entree's is unreal. I swear if I lived in the states I would probably be 20-30lbs heavier.

Then came Monday, I was excited for Monday. Monday was the day to go for my mentoring session with Melissa Jill! I first became familiar with Melissa when I started following her blog. Her work is AH-mazing! Then came PartnerCon and I e-mailed Melissa with hopes to meet up in New Orleans for dinner. She obliged and we ended up having a great dinner with many other Photogs and great friendships blossomed from there. So, knowing I would be in Arizona, I once again e-mailed Melissa hoping that she could meet me for one of her mentoring sessions. She once again obliged and I met at her studio/home for the session. It was awesome. I recommend this to anyone starting up, and even if you have been around for a while it's a great opportunity to learn. I also must say her dog Dixie, is just all sorts of cute-ness.

I have more to blog about, and I will continue on in the next few days!!







No comments:

Post a Comment